commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [convert] API Discussion...
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:18:22 GMT
Hi James,
I had a look at current [convert] impl and the (source|target)Class
are used to index converters inside a generic universal converter, so
all you have to do is invoking just one method to perform conversions
- without retrieving the converter you need on your client
application.
Your hints are more or less what I had in my mind too, after you
suggested having fluent APIs in the Digester I'm kind of addicted to
them :P
I'd suggest to replace the (source|target)Class settings by hand
applying the `TypeLiteral` pattern explained in Neal Gafter's post[1]
to auto-discover them.
Have a nice day, all the best!
Simo

[1] http://gafter.blogspot.com/2006/12/super-type-tokens.html