commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DAEMON] Release Apache Commons Daemon 1.0.8
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:20:42 GMT
On 11/19/11 12:17 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 11/19/2011 07:58 PM, sebb wrote:

>>> Yep. RELEASE-NOTES will probably have date of the 1.0.8 release.
>>> This cannot be known in advance cause we are still voting.

>>> Site in the source. Site is for apache.org web site. What would
>>> it have to
>>> do
>>> with the source or binary distribution.
>>> It was never part of the dist (and I don't know of any projects
>>> that ships
>>> site together with release)
>>
>> AFAIK, all the other Commons components ship the site source files
>> (not the generated site) with the source archives.
>>

> This is probably because the src/** was used for producing the
> source artifact. IMO all those releases should be -1 until site
> is removed from them.
> At least I plan to -1 any release until this is solved Commons wide!

Components that ship user guides (such as [math]) need to be able to
ship the sources for these.  It is good for users to be able to
generate the documentation associated with the version they are using.

As always, I am against too many commons-wide rules.

I voted +1 for the [deamon] release.  Let's move on.

Phil