commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Subject Re: [convert] API Discussion...
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:55:38 GMT
The source and target classes are used by the Converter.canConvert
method. The Converter.canConvert method is used by the Converter factory
to find the correct converter. The reason parameterized types are not
used in this scenario is so you can create converters that handle entire
class hierarchies. If you can think of a way to replace the Class
references with parameters, that would be great. Submit a patch and I
will look it over.

You could submit a patch for your partially-completed ConverterChain
class and maybe someone else will complete it.

-Adrian