commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] Matrices and Vectors again
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:10:04 GMT
Hi.

> > I also think it is a good idea, but with the addition of thinking
> > parallelisation into the framework (e.g. in the map functionality).
> > Whether it should be done in a branch or not, I don't know, but I guess
> > the people who do know will reply on that :-).
>
> I would very much like to have a simplified API.

+1

> I also would vevery very much like to see 3.0 released,

+1

> so if we are
> gonna doing some API change here, we should really go forward and do it
> fast. [...]

+1

Is there some actual proposal for the simple API?

Maybe we could start from a basic structure, that contains the minimum
number of features (TBD); something that would not hurt implementations
like the efficient 3-dimensional matrices talked about some time ago.

Then maybe that more featureful matrix classes could specify additional
functionalities through the implementations of "interface"s, like
"IsVisitable".
Then we could retrofit the currently exisiting matrix classes by just adding
the appropriate "implements" clauses.

Gilles