commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: [math] javadoc implicit formatting rules
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:36:17 GMT
I'm new to Apache and am following the mailing lists to learn more about the rules, policies,
tools and so on. And I find this kind of discussion very useful, at least for me :-) So thanks
for raising this issue here in the mailing list. And thanks to the others for giving good
answers here too.

Have a nice weekend,

Bruno P. Kinoshita

________________________________
 De: Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.brisard@m4x.org>
Para: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 25 de Novembro de 2011 9:16
Assunto: Re: [math] javadoc implicit formatting rules

> One more point on this.  "Consistency" as some sort of independent goal by itself has
no place in open source software.  We need to keep our eyes on the prize, which is making
it easy for users to understand and use the software and for volunteers to get involved.  To
the extent that consistent API and doco design contributes to these goals, great.  But arcane
rules or excessively complicated APIs that make it harder for people to use the software and
get involved are to be avoided.

> Phil

Right. I'm going to grab a shovel and start digging a hole to bury
myself in right now. For my defence, I remember having been asked to
conform to those rules I was enumerating in my first post a while ago.
Whether it was something which had wide consensus was actually my
question. Sorry Luc and Phil for taking your time.
Best regards,
Sébastien