commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1182026 - in /commons/proper/vfs/trunk/core/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2/ main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2/impl/ main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2/provider/ main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2/provider/ram/ main/java/org/apa
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:02:52 GMT
Hi Gary,

Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2011, at 16:09, "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> sebb wrote:

>>> Why?
>>>
>>> If this is to fix a JIRA, it would be helpful to have the reference.
>>
>> I am quite sure, this was accidental. Happens to me also from time to
>> time. In the office we have configured the svn server to reject commits
>> with empty or non-reasonable comments (like 'aaaaaaaaaa'). At least our
>> svn server here is setup to fix the comment afterwards.
>>

> Yes, an slip of the fingers.
>
> I'd like to see our SVN server implement the no empty comment rule.

we use a pre-commit script with following snippet:

# Make sure that the log message contains some text.
SVNLOOK=/usr/bin/svnlook
$SVNLOOK log -t "$TXN" "$REPOS" | \
   tr -cds '[:alnum:]' '[:alnum:]' | grep -e ".\{3\}" > /dev/null || exit 1

However, this is a repo-wide setting, not sure if INFRA would like to add it
in this case.

- Jörg