commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ognl] SVN $ID and @author
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:26:24 GMT
> Can be useful, if one comes across a source file in isolation from SVN.

What exactly can this person then do with a revision number, my
committer name and the date i have last commited if he does not know
about svn revisions, who else does commit and when last commit was?

> For example, in source archives.

With what would I compare this number when I get it from a source archive?

> Also as comments in generated HTML files..

If I want to compare if the generated HTML file like javdoc is
actually in sync with my sourcfile? Who really does this, when mvn
javadoc:javadoc is so easy?

>> If we keep it, we need to move it on class level docs.
>
> Or at least below the AL header.

please build and look at checkstyle-header.txt from target/ folder. To
my understanding it can't be inside the header it must be an extra
block. Guess, a third comment block would conflict with checkstyle too
(not tried)

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de