commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Support for Abelian Groups and Rings?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:50:59 GMT
I would be curious to see how such a class would actually help you.  I have
to admit that a big part of my curiosity is due to the fact that I don't
understand how it really would help.  It could be, as you say, beautiful but
useful is sometimes are more difficult goal with these things.

I would also like to see if you are able to express enough interesting
structure in the Java type system so as to be useful.

So please do create a prototype.  It will be very interesting to see it.