commons-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Sterijevski <gsterijev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] Re: Pivoting QR Decomposition: Take Two!
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 04:43:22 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lets a) stop top-posting (Gilles has asked politely a couple of times now)
> and b) stay focused on solving the problems we actually have.  We could
> endlessly debate refactoring approaches.

Sorry about the top posting, I am big culprit here... Was not aware that the
mailing list's protocol was being violated. Will interleave from now on.

Or we could fix the stuff blocking 3.0 and get a release out.  Let's do
> that.

Will push the pivoting QR under JIRA MATH-630. There will be a few
checkstyle errors. I apologize in advance.  Was not suggesting the whole
codebase should be refactored, just  looking for the right way to push
pivoting QR into the mix. The thread began with a suggestion of using only
the pivoting QR (meaning dropping the non pivoting one). The discussion
brought us to the understanding that both implementations should be
retained. I feel it has been a useful discussion-whether we use factories or
not.

> Phil

-Greg