commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Restyling the commons-skin
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:33:18 GMT
Hi all guys,
we already discussed in the past that we would like to have a nice new
style for the site, and I would like to take advantage from a
discussion born in the incubator ML[1] to renew the discussion,
because our commons-fellow Christian Grobmeier came out with nice
(IMHO) improvements[2] just adopting a style provided from Twitter[3]
(ASL Licensed) called Bootstrap.

I just did a 5 minute experiment[4], pasting in one of default
template the commons-site HP text, that makes IMHO the commons-site
really better.

There would be the opportunity to improve the existing skin - that
started looking so '90 - and I propose working on a new skin in a
separate branch, adopting the bootstrap FW.

WDYT?
Many thanks in advance, all the best!!!
Simo

[1] http://markmail.org/message/f5r7mp5lxcc7pep5