commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] XZ support
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:27:34 GMT
On 2011-10-24, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> Do we want to add XZ support now or wait until after 1.3 has been
>> released?
>> In either case I'd intend to call for a vote on a first RC for Compress
>> 1.3 no later than next week.

> I would skip it for this release.

This seems to be consensus, expect an RC1 over the next few days.

>> Do we want to release a shaded jar that pulls in XZ for Java in addition
>> to our normal artifact?

> I think of the shading as doing the "copy-and-paste" during compile
> time. If you were to copy-and-paste the code you would also not
> release a second artifact.

> So I would only release the shaded jar.

IIRC sebb objected to shading.  We have the choice of releasing only a
shaded jar, only a plain jar with a POM that states a hard-dependency
or releasing two artifacts.

The forth option of separating the XZ streams into a different module is
not very attractive to me as I see the dependency on XZ leaking into -
at least - the zip package as well.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message