commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Talk at Paris JUG next month
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:10:07 GMT
Am 10.10.2011 11:20, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Hi,
>
> The Paris JUG has kindly invited me to give a short talk on Commons
> Configuration next month.
>
> I'd like to give some real world examples of the usage of Commons
> Configuration. I'd be interested in hearing how people actually use the
> API, what features they find the most useful, and why they couldn't live
> without this component.
>
> Any input is welcome!

Hi, great news!

My favorite feature is easy access to arbitrary elements in XML
documents. Using the expressions provided by hierarchical configurations
you can select specific elements even if they are in deeply nested or
repeating structures. I guess if you need to parse a whole document into
in-memory structures, other solutions like Digester or Jaxb are better
suited, but for just picking out some values this direct access is a
very convenient method.

Oliver