commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [nabla] Applications
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 14:51:40 GMT
For the acon US talk I am giving, I would like to provide some
potential practical examples of how [nabla] might be used in
applications.  So far, I have come up with some direct uses of
analytic derivatives in things like splines and projections.  I
suspect there are quite a few numerical or optimization use cases
where having an exact derivative could improve speed or accuracy.  I
would like to refer to some of those.  Its OK if the needed
machinery does not exist yet in [nabla] - these are motivational
examples.

Thanks!

Phil