commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [MATH] Re: Pivoting QR Decomposition: Take Two!
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 07:47:13 GMT
Le 06/10/2011 04:04, Sébastien Brisard a écrit :

>> What is the group's feeling on factory classes? +1 from me (obviously)
>>
> +1 for me, I like factories.

-0. We used factories and removed most of them. In fact, what we removed
was when factories are used to hide implementation and only an interface
and a factory are available to users. This is a different cases.

There are other places too where we still have some factories, even in
new code (an example would be Region in the geometry package if I
remember well).

Luc