commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Lucas" <gwlu...@sonalysts.com>
Subject [sanselan] Question about submitting patches
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 19:31:47 GMT
I have just submitted two patches to the Sanselan code tree.  These address issues a byte-order
bug (Sanselan issue #54) and a speed enhancement (Sanselan issue #56).    I uploaded the patches
as attachments to their associated issues.

Since I am new to using Subversion and the JIRA issue tracker, I am a bit concerned that I
may not have submitted the changes correctly.   If someone has the time to verify that they
were entered into the system correctly, I'd be grateful.

The speed enhancement reduces the load time for TIFF images by about 40 percent.  I believe
that the same techniques could be used for some of the other, more popular, image formats.
 So far I focused on TIFF images because that was the particular format I needed for my application.
 If anyone thinks that this is worth pursuing for other image types, I am open to suggestions
on where to start.

On another note, when I was looking at maven (something else to which I am new) I did not
see a target for creating javadoc files.  Does this need to be added to the pom.xml file?

Gary

Computer Programming is the Art of the Possible
Gary W. Lucas
Sonalysts, Inc.
215 Parkway North
Waterford, CT 06385
(860) 326-3682
41-22-12.35 N / 72-10-07.54 W  (USNG/MGRS:  18T YL 36787 83711)