commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][io] Release Commons IO 2.1-RC3
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 06:30:31 GMT
Hi Niall + Gary,

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-002/commons-
>> io/commons-io/2.1/
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 release it
>>> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
>>> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> -1: RELEASE-NOTES.txt is old
>>

>> IBM JDK 1.6.0.9 (amd64) fails:
>> ================ %< ================
>> Failed tests:

testUTF16WithSingleByteWrite(org.apache.commons.io.output.WriterOutputStreamTest):
>> expected:<[à peine arrivés nous entrâmes dans sa chambre]> but was:<[＀
>> 瀀攀椀渀 攀 愀爀爀椀瘀猀 渀漀甀猀 攀渀琀爀洀攀猀 搀愀渀猀 猀愀 挀栀愀洀戀爀]>
>> ================ %< ================
>>
>> Don't know what happens exactly. According javadoc "UTF-16" should
>> default to "UTF-16BE" when no BOM is written. Might be a JDK bug.
>
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-253

I knew, I've seen it before ... I've updated the issue.

> Sorry, going on holiday so I don't have time to review - but thanks
> for doing the release.

Actually, my -1 is only because of the outdated RELEASE-NOTES. Since 2 out
of 3 JDK 6 versions pass this test, I rather blame the particular JDK.

Cheers,
Jörg