commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Issues 650, 675, 676
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:06:24 GMT
On 29 September 2011 17:04, Gilles Sadowski
<gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Referring to:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-650
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-675
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-676
>
> In the absence of additional comments I'm proposing to resolve those issues.
> Please let me know whether there are pending objections to my suggested
> solutions.

Regarding MATH-650 (FastMath)

If the proposal is to use resources instead of static arrays, then I
disagree, because resources are significantly slower than static
arrays.

I am opposed to storing the arrays in package protected classes,
because that exposes the data unnecessarily.

However, if you really cannot agree to the including the static arrays
within the FastMath class itself, then I suggest using separate
classes with private arrays and package-protected getters.