commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject Re: [math] RealVector.toArray() vs. RealVector.getData()
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 06:27:14 GMT
True enough.
Maybe the use of one those two could be strongly discouraged.
I personally was puzzled the first time I saw those two methods. I was
even wondering wether one of them would not return a shallow copy
(when possible), while the other would return a deep copy. Had to look
at the source to finally realize that toArray() and getData() do
exactly the same thing.
As for incompatible change, we are talking about 3.0, which gives us
(that's how I understand it anyway) a little bit of liberty, as long
as it improves the library.
Sébastien