commons-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.bris...@m4x.org>
Subject [math] use the more general super-type RealMatrix in place of Array2DRowRealMatrix in package ode?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 06:07:56 GMT
Hi,
this question was raised while working on MATH-659, which I quote
{quote}
In rev1166533, I removed the call to this method in
AdamsNordsieckTransformer.initializeHighOrderDerivatives(double,
double[], double[][], double[][]). This raises one important question.
All across the package o.a.c.m.ode, matrix variables are explicitely
declared as Array2DRowRealMatrix (as opposed to RealMatrix). This
leads to an ugly cast (see the end of the presently modified method).
I was wondering how necessary that was. Would it be thinkable to use
the most general supertype for all matrices?
{quote}
I should mention I have no knowledge at all about this package, so I
do apologize if it is naive.
S├ębastien