commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ognl] use of Javassist
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:45:46 GMT
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> there was an era when OGNL was totally dependencies-less, today relies
> on Javassist - I never understood the reason of adopting it.
> Is anyone able to explain it me please?
> Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!
> Simo

Using javassist is very important for OGNL's performance. Think of it
like this: The expression is converted into a piece of Java code. That
piece of code is compilled by Javassist and executed like any other
Java merhod. Much faster than interpreting the expression.

Jochen