commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] RealVector.toArray() vs. RealVector.getData()
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 06:17:24 GMT
2011/9/7 S├ębastien Brisard <sebastien.brisard@m4x.org>:
> Hi,
> as noted in MATH-653, these two methods are redundant, and one should
> go. Pros and cons are
> * toArray() is fairly classical in the Java world
> * but getData() is consistent with ArrayRealVector.getDataRef().
> Personnaly, my preference goes to keeping toArray(). In order to
> maintain consistency, should ArrayRealVector.getDataRef() be renamed
> getArrayRef() ?

Another Con; INcompatible change, which should be avoided, if
possible. Redundancy is not a compelling reason for such changes.

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)

https://linuxcounter.net/user/221257.html