commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [chain][v2] clever context
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 19:21:02 GMT
here I am!
sorry I'm late but just terminated to have dinner :P
I think that specifying the <extending Object> can be omitted, and
Paul's suggestion is the way to go, the code is more readable.

The last added method can be improved, putting the K as argument
instead of String and <T extends V> as a strict check for output
argument:

public interface Context<K, V>
    extends Map<K, V>
{

    <T extends V> T retrieve(K key);

}

what I think is not so nice to have, is the Command, Filter, Chain,
..., notation that, getting Context as argument in their methods,
would require generics...

Lets' think about it, thanks for sharing your thoughts!!!
All the best,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/