commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [parent] adding buildnumber in the manifest entries
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:09:03 GMT
Could be I am misunderstanding the proposal here, but IIUC there is another problem when it
comes to release jars.  Current practice is to create the jars from what ends up being the
final RC tag.  This tag is then either copied or moved to the release tag, which becomes the
definitive source.  So at the time the jar is created, the tag/revision pair that the build
number should point to does not exist.  The only choice would seem then to be to reference
the RC tag which may end up deleted.  So again, it would seem better to me to either omit
the attribute from release jars or just use the (anticipated) final release tag name.

Phil