commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] EmpiricalDistribution
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 20:44:34 GMT
I have a couple of proposals for this class:

0) Merge the interface and impl.   This is consistent with what we
are doing in some other places where we have only one implementation.
1) Extend this class to actually provide a distribution - i.e.
implement the Distribution interface.
2) make the kernel used within bins configurable.  Currently, values
are generated (and the cdf would be computed) assuming a Gaussian
distribution within bins.  I think at least a uniform option should
be provided.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this or further suggestions
for improvement.

Phil