commons-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Meyer <meyer...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] psychometrics
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:46:00 GMT
Hi All,

I have been developing an pure Java application that does a variety of
psychometric methods. I use the commons math library as much as I can
but I've also had to develop my own library. I'd like to combine the two
libraries by donating as much of my code to commons math as I can. My
library includes features for measurement reliability, test scaling,
test equating, polychoric correlations, histogram computations, kernel
regression, etc. Most of these feature are specialized to psychometrics,
but is there any interest in adding them to commons math? Are these
methods too specialized for commons math?

If you're interested in seeing the application in action, you can
download the full program from www.ItemAnalysis.com. You'll notice that
it also uses an Apache derby database for data management.