commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] Porting someone else's work (license and all that)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:19:03 GMT
Hello.

> I'm sorry. When I said I wanted to write on behalf of the "CM
> community", I meant I didn't want to single myself out, especially
> based on the fact that some have been involved for a long time in this
> project.

If you use "community" in the Apache sense, then strictly speaking, it is
the "Commons" community (there is not separate Commons Math).
Even so, as far as I understand, the "community" is not an offical reference
for the outside world, and nobody can speak authoritatively for it.

Since it was agreed that you would include this code, you can do it (and
whatever steps required to do it "legally").

> Anyway, I've sent an email to Pr. Saunders, with attached ICLA, let's
> see what his answer will be.

Well done! ;-)

Best,
Gilles