commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Math] MathUtils.checkOrder
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:59:25 GMT
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 08:11:00PM -0500, Greg Sterijevski wrote:
> One more question, there is a boolean argument called 'abort', what sense
> does it make to keep checking an array given you have found one observation
> which violates monotonicity? I think abort is redundant and could be
> eliminated. Thoughts?

You misinterpreted the use of "abort".

Gilles

P.S. The name "checkOrder" is akin to other "check..." methods in CM.
     "isMonotone" is nicer but it would be misleading if "abort" is set to
     "true".
     I guess that you could write "isMonotone" and then "checkOrder" would
     call it and, if it returns "false", throw the exception.