commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [math] Re: Release managing a major version [and Lang 3.0 post mortem]
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:48:27 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

> On 8/9/11 4:05 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
>> Thanks for the nudge.  I'll bite.  Of course anyone is welcome to
>> browse the open JIRA issues with 3.0 as fix version and add comments
>> :)
>
> I started slugging through JIRA.  Made it all the way through the
> unclassified list and will finish the first pass through the 3.0
> issues tomorrow.  I created a 3.1 version to push stuff into that
> can be done without worrying about 3.0-compatibility.

Another strategy I've used with success is a "3.x Maintenance" version as a
placeholder for anything that can be resolved as part of a 3.x release. When
you resolve an issue, you can set the proper version and anything that is
post-phoned does not have to be touched when cutting the release ... ;-)

[snip]

Cheers,
Jörg