commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Steps towards next release
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:27:04 GMT
I was waiting for v 2.2 of the release plugin. It was released several weeks ago.

As it happens I tried to do the release of vfs again last night and it failed due to changes
in the commons parent pom or one of its parents. It doesn't appear to support multi module
projects as the maven-bundle plugin is smart enough to not generate an OSGi manifest for the
parent (pom) project but then the jar plugin fails due to no OSGi manifest being present.
 I haven't looked at the parent poms yet, but I have no idea why this error only occurs during
a release as I would think that SNAPSHOT jars should have the OSGi stuff too.

In any case, I am debugging this right now. and will try to get the release done this weekend.

I'm not in favor of separating out the vfs stuff unless getting the release cut continues
to fail.

Ralph

On Aug 13, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Oliver Heger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as you may have noticed, I have started some work in order to prepare a release (version
1.7) of [configuration]. I assume this will be the last release compatible with Java 1.4.

> I plan to have a look at the current Jira issues, but I hope there are no major issues
open which have to be addressed immediately.

> The main open point is still the snapshot dependency to [vfs]. What is the status there?
IMHO it is also an option to create a release branch, remove the dependency there, and release
1.7 without [vfs] support. It is no problem to push out another release as soon as [vfs] 2.0
becomes available. WDYT?