commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] logging vs slf4j
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 05:50:43 GMT
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:59 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 28/07/2011 22:01, Henri Yandell a écrit :
>>
>> Personally I'm happy for commons-logging to die. :)
>
> Yeah let's use java.util.logging instead :)

Primarily that I don't get the feeling we have a major community of
developers on c-logging. We implemented it because we needed something
for our other components (though many simply chose not to log), but it
was never the passion of anybody here (hopefully not an incorrect
statement). Robert, Simon and others put in tons of good work, but I
feel that was duty not passion.

So happy to see it die because it's something that's headed to
dormancy (be it stable or not).

Hen