commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 14:39:09 GMT
Hi Simo,

thanks for doing that report again. Just wanted to submit, but have a
question (to all).

>  * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
> towards graduation.
>
>  - make at least a big release that shows to Commons PMC the
> compliancy level of OGNL to Commons policies;
>  - attract more users, at the moment only Apache Struts people are
> interested because they heavily use OGNL;
>  - attract new committers.

Is this all true?

Do we really need a release -before- we graduate?
Do we really need to attract more users-before- we graduate? Struts is
already huge.
Do we really need more committers (it is already a long list) -before-
we graduate?

At this point I think we have no open issues before we graduate. I
think we can write "no open issues" - what do you think?

>  * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
>
>  - not every PPMC member joined the private ML yet;

Guess this is not necessary for the IPMC or ASF Board to know. instead
we should ping our people to subscribe now :-)

The rest is fine for me (maybe a bit long ;-))

Cheers,
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de