commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <>
Subject Re: Nexus vs rsync-repository releases
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:13:31 GMT
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Luc Maisonobe <> wrote:

> I am also worried about a closed tool like Nexus being used to publish
> Apache stuff.

That discussion was made years ago, when Nexus was introduced. And,
for the record, I strongly opposed Nexus at that time in favour of
other solutions, in particular Archiva, for that very reason.

Now that we have Nexus, I won't fight such wars again and again. It's
there and it's gonna stay. Just like Jira, or Confluence, for that
matter, and I can't remember similar discussions in that area.

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message