commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Commons VFS 2.0
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:13:15 GMT
Hi All:

I am not sure if I am building correctly, but here is what I found. Some
build instructions in the readme.txt file would help.

Downloaded source zip from
http://people.apache.org/~rgoers/commons-vfs/staged/

>From the root I ran "mvn site" which did not work. Fine, starting to poke
around.

>From the "dist" directory I ran "mvn site" which did not work:

[INFO] Generating "Dependency Management" report    ---
maven-project-info-reports-plugin:2.3.1
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-vfs-examples/2.0/commons-vfs-examples-2.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to create Maven project from repository.
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Error resolving project
artifact: Failure to find org.apache.commons:commons-vfs-examples:pom:2.0 in
http://r
epo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will
not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or
updates are for
ced for project org.apache.commons:commons-vfs-examples:pom:2.0
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:272)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:237)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:252)

Why would building the site require an installed VFS2?

The README.txt says to run "mvn changes:announcement-generate" to get
release notes but there is a RELEASE-NOTES.txt file in the same dir. Why do
we need two?

When I do run "mvn changes:announcement-generate", I get:

[INFO] --- maven-changes-plugin:2.4:announcement-generate (default-cli) @
commons-vfs2 ---
[WARNING] changes.xml file
C:\test\commons-vfs-2.0\core\src\changes\changes.xml does not exist.

There is no such file.

I do not know if I should -1 this because there are no build instructions,
or if there are, they are located in some non-obvious spot.

Gary

--
Thank you,
Gary