commons-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Sterijevski <gsterijev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Re: SingularValueDecompositionImpl
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:39:33 GMT
Thanks! There is an additional method I am moving in. Its the inverse of the
condition number.

    public double getInverseConditionNumber() {
        return singularValues[FastMath.min(m,n) - 1] / singularValues[0];
    }

This addition stems from an issue (MATH-602) I submitted awhile back.
Namely, in cases of rank deficiency the regular condition number will become
undefined. This is not a huge issue, but if you are using condition number
to choose a matrix in some selection routine (say steppwise regression) then
having a somewhat robust criterion might be helpful.

The patch is sitting in the queue.

-Greg