commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [chain][discuss] v2 upgrade - follow-up
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:32:05 GMT

Yes, @Override from interfaces is supported only in 1.6

> Moreover, I'd like to propose to split the chain component, for v2.0,
> in a multi-module project:
>
> - core APIs;
> - XML configuration APIs (depends from Digester);
> - servlet (depends from Servlet APIs);
> - portlet (depends from Portlet APIs);
> - faces (depends from Faces APIs).
>
> in that way users interested on core APIs only don't need to bring
> unused code; that looks to me a cleaner common approach used in
> various projects inside the ASF (cocoon3, for example) and outside
> (i.e. slf4j). What's your opinion about it?

Totally agree. Picking through optional dependencies can be difficult.
Though I would like to see the Chain API 2.0 javadoc aggregate all
those sub-projects together. I don't think it helps the user if we
break things down but can't get the documentation to show the full
picture.

Paul