commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nightly snapshots
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 14:32:38 GMT
+1 for uploading snapshots
AFAIK jobs on Continuum are already set up for every commons
component, so we should "just" properly configure the artifacts
deploy...
All the best,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I believe other projects are doing this with Jenkins so I see no reason we couldn't also.
>
> Ralph
>
> On Aug 1, 2011, at 2:19 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Once upon a time, in an era of pioneers, we had nightly builds producing fresh jars
available to heroic developers interested in testing the latest features committed to our
projects.

>> As I understand now there is no equivalent process. There is a snapshot repository
for Maven artifacts, but it's updated manually.

>> Do you think it would be possible to make automated snapshots again, using either
Continuum or Hudson? Is anyone already working on this, or interested in setting this up?