commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:18:37 GMT
Hi Christian!!!
agreed. I reported too quickly and didn't pay enough attention on
discriminating what we previously reported - and what I should have
put out from the c'n'p :P
Feel free to modify the report according to your latest observations!!!
Thanks for taking care of it, very appreciated!
Have a nice day, all the best!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> question (to all).
>
>>  * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
>> towards graduation.
>>
>>  - make at least a big release that shows to Commons PMC the
>> compliancy level of OGNL to Commons policies;
>>  - attract more users, at the moment only Apache Struts people are
>> interested because they heavily use OGNL;
>>  - attract new committers.
>
> Is this all true?
>
> Do we really need a release -before- we graduate?
> Do we really need to attract more users-before- we graduate? Struts is
> already huge.
> Do we really need more committers (it is already a long list) -before-
> we graduate?
>
> At this point I think we have no open issues before we graduate. I
> think we can write "no open issues" - what do you think?
>

>>  * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
>>
>>  - not every PPMC member joined the private ML yet;
>
> Guess this is not necessary for the IPMC or ASF Board to know. instead
> we should ping our people to subscribe now :-)
>
> The rest is fine for me (maybe a bit long ;-))
>
> Cheers,
> Christian
>
>>  - due to OpenSymphony dismissing, we need importing old issues to ASF
>> jira. We finally contacted someone from OpenSymphony and obtained the
>> huge Issue dump/XML backup, there is someone that is working on it,
>> but due to security policy (the dump contains also users and password
>> hashes), before importing it, an open-heart surgery is needed.
>>  - we started speaking about a possible OGNL graduation: most of the
>> community is already in commons and/or struts, so OGNL has a proven
>> community which will not go away after a while. If OGNL will fail, it
>> will become a dormant component within commons. People here of course
>> know about the apache way. There are only two people (Marc Andrew and
>> Luke) new to the
>> ASF, but they could learn the apache way as every other new committer to
>> commons (if necessary).
>>
>>  * How has the community developed since the last report
>>
>> Community activity decreased since codebase has been imported &
>> polished; we finally reached Luc Blanchard, the other OGNL original
>> author, that signed & submitted the OGNL SoftwareGrant & ICLA - we
>> also voted him as a new committer since he should have been included
>> in the initial committers list
>>
>>  * How has the project developed since the last report.
>>
>> A reported above, codebase has been imported & polished, we are in the
>> middle of a big refactoring stripping off generated code by JavaCC
>> that was versioned in the SCM and modified.
>>
>> Signed off by mentor:

>> http://www.99soft.org/
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM,  <no-reply@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Dear OGNL Developers,
>>>
>>> This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator
PMC.
>>> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
>>> board report.
>>>
>>> The board meeting is scheduled for  Wed, 17 August 2011, 10 am Pacific. The
report
>>> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator
PMC