commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] How to deal with long running test? Maven Profile?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:29:21 GMT
On 2011-08-11, Mark Struberg wrote:

> A common pattern is to introduce an own 'run-its' profile which
> configures surefire to pickup those tests.

How? 8-)

Do I put the test into a separate directory and tell surefire inside the
profile to look into that other dir?

> It's just not good to have tests which in summary takes longer than 3
> minutes to run. This usually leads to developers using
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true which is kind of counter productive...

Absolutely, that why I want to move them to a separate profile.

If you want to test reading of an archive of more than 4GB then you
simply have no choice but to wait for the data to be read - and the
writing tests are even worse, at least on my box.  It simply takes a few
minutes just to move the data from or to the disk.

Stefan