commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] WinZip Interop Results. Anybody got PKZIP?
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:54:00 GMT
Hi,

I installed an evaluation version of WinZip, created the 5GB and
100k_Files archives I've already created for InfoZIP, 7ZIP, Windows
Compressed Folders and OpenJDK7 jar and the reading tests work just
fine.

All tools I've tried (except for jar) have been able to extract the
archives written during the tests as well.

WinZip itself opens all archives written by trunk without any
complaints.  Inside its UI it has a "Diagnose" and a "Extract and Test"
button (YMMV, my version speaks German) and all archives created by
Zip64SupportIT pass "Diagnose" but some fail in "Extract and Test".

Since 7ZIP "test archive" mode takes issues with one of the 42 archives
as well it may have a point here and I'll investigate it further.

I also downloaded an evaluation copy of PKZIP but its EULA contains a a
"no competition" clause that I'm not willing to accept.  If anybody with
access to PKZIP could create archives with the contents of one of the
5GB files at COMPRESS-36 and one of the 100k_Files archives in my
homedir on minotaur[1] that would be great.

Stefan

[1] http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/commons-compress/