commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project jakarta-turbine-jcs (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 07:08:29 GMT
On 2011-08-01, Gump wrote:

>     [javac] Compiling 265 source files to /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/jcs/build
>     [javac] /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/jcs/src/java/org/apache/jcs/admin/servlet/JCSAdminServlet.java:30:
package org.apache.velocity.tools.view does not exist
>     [javac] import org.apache.velocity.tools.view.VelocityViewServlet;
>     [javac]                                      ^

I've added a dependency on velocity-tools-view to the Gump descriptor
which may or may not fix the problem (velocity-tools-view currently
doesn't build itself in Gump and unless I managed to fix that as well,
JCS will simply not be built at all).

JCS is using a special Ant build file just for Gump.  do you intend to
keep it that way or would you prefer to switch to building with
mvn(2|3)?  Here I assume mvn is the devs' build tool of choice and the
Gump build file just an artifact of the times where Gump didn't support
mvn properly.

Stefan