commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Need API Feedback/Advice for ZipArchiveOutputStream ans ZIP64
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 06:29:58 GMT
On 2011-08-08, Phil Steitz wrote:

> As a test of whether or not it will work, I would recommend writing
> the javadoc and test cases first (which of course we all do any way ;)

Javadocs are there now with svn rev 1155223, in particular
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/compress/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/ZipArchiveOutputStream.java?r1=1154667&r2=1155223>

It would be good if anybody who didn't have to dive as deeply inside the
ZIP format as myself could read it to ensure it makes some sense.
Proof-reading by a native speaker certainly won't hurt either.

Later I intend to add a similar blurb with recommendations to the ZIP
page at the website.

Stefan