commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.7 based on RC1
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:41:19 GMT
Am 28.08.2011 21:44, schrieb Phil Steitz:

[snip]

> I now see how the maven 1.4 profile excludes the classes requiring
> 1.5.  As you suggest, it would be good to add a note on this to the
> release notes.  IIUC what is going on, the classes excluded from
> compilation should also be excluded from the javadoc when built
> under 1.4.  That may happen under the covers anyway, depending on
> how maven prepares the source, but if not, assuming the javadoc
> plugin supports excludes, they should be excluded there are well.

Unfortunately, the classes excluded from the compilation are present in
the Javadocs. I had a look at the configuration options of the
javadoc-plugin, but I did not find a possibility to exclude single
classes; excludes seem to be supported for whole packages only.

Unless I missed something obvious, I am afraid we have to live with this
inconsistency.

Oliver