commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.7 based on RC1
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:53:55 GMT
Am 28.08.2011 20:08, schrieb Gary Gregory:
> +1 to removing the ant build.
>
> Gary

The ant build files were generated using the maven-ant-plugin. The whole
stuff looks pretty complicated, and I do not like the way it handles
dependencies either. To make it work on my local machine I also had to
slightly modify the generated files because there was an issue with the
OSGi manifest.

Removing the ant build at all would be the easiest solution. Many
Commons components still provide an ant build, but there are also
examples that do not. So I am not sure how to proceed here.

@Phil: Do you now have a working ant build, at least for Java 1.5?

Oliver