commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] RealMatrix.set(double)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:27:21 GMT
I think it would be good to add this, but it would probably be
better to give it a different name.  What name, I am not sure.
Maybe setAll or fill.  Might also be useful to have versions that
fill submatrics.

Here is a little joke to lighten things up a bit.  What if we just
allow people to specify negative indices to mean "everything."  So
for example, setEntry(-1, -1, 0) sets all entries to 0, setEntry(1,
-1, 0) sets the first row to 0.  Just kidding ;)

Phil