commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject Re: [math] Re: Release managing a major version [and Lang 3.0 post mortem]
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:24:05 GMT
On 8/9/11 4:05 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Thanks for the nudge.  I'll bite.  Of course anyone is welcome to
> browse the open JIRA issues with 3.0 as fix version and add comments
> :)

I started slugging through JIRA.  Made it all the way through the
unclassified list and will finish the first pass through the 3.0
issues tomorrow.  I created a 3.1 version to push stuff into that
can be done without worrying about 3.0-compatibility.  There are a
few issues left in "unclassified" (no fix version), all of which I
recommend WONT_FIX.  Please all feel free to chime in on what can /
cannot be moved out and what should be WONT_FIX.

I assigned a few issues to myself, partly just to make sure that I
get to them "RSN."  I rarely do this and never mean to discourage
others from submitting patches against the issues that I have
"claimed."  In fact, most of the issues that I assigned to myself
have patches contributed by other people and improvements to any /
all patches are most welcome.  One other thing that I noticed is
that some contributors are forgetting to check the little "Intended
for contribution" box when submitting patches via JIRA.  We need to
have those little boxes checked, so it would be great if people
could make sure to remember that and, if possible, go back and clean
up the missing ones.

Once I finish the first pass I will try to pull together a list of
key design decisions that we need to make, referencing the issues
where they arisen.  Then a release plan.  Thanks in advance for help
and patience.

> Phil
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Greg Sterijevski <> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a list of showstopper bugs and features. If we want a 3.0
>> release soon, then perhaps some kind of a prioritized list would help us in
>> the community concentrate some of our efforts? I was thinking that the
>> individuals with commit privileges could put this together since they are
>> probably most acutely aware of where things stand. Once that list is
>> published, each of us in the community could commit to a task or two.
>> -Greg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message