commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Monitoring iterative algorithms
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 14:44:15 GMT
One approach that will minimize the burden on commons math developers is to point users to
an AspectJ approach as is discussed here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-aopwork6/index.html

The article starts out with a discussion of how to implement the observer design pattern the
classic way, along with the associated design and maintenance costs, and then explains how
to do it with AspectJ which leaves the class of the objects being observed in its original
form.

Cheers,
- Ole