commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <>
Subject Re: Nexus vs rsync-repository releases
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 06:40:46 GMT
On 8/2/11 11:30 PM, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Phil Steitz <> wrote:
>> Nothing, other than that is exactly what I do and I know exactly
>> what is going on.  I don't see any real saving, that's all and I see
>> no need to bring in proprietary gui-based software into the mix or
>> to wget stuff from remote hosts.  Nobody else seems to care about
>> this, but you actually should perform a step that I don't - which is
>> to verify the hashes after you move the stuff to dist/
> Why should I? They have been built by Maven or Nexus automatically?

When you transfer files on the Internet, they can get corrupted in
transit.  This is why we *have* hashes on the files.   When you put
the files on p.a.o and we VOTE on the bits there, you can just move
them to /dist without worrying about integrity.

And I seriously hope nothing is being "built by nexus" :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message