commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nightly snapshots
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:28:47 GMT
Le 01/08/2011 16:57, Phil Steitz a écrit :

> +1 for making nightlies available again.  I think Continuum actually
> produces the artifacts already and all we need to do is find a way
> to make them publicly available.  Several years back when the old
> set up died, it was because the script that we were using to copy
> the artifacts generated on vmbuild.a.o to p.a.o had some security
> challenges (read: setup too cheezy for the modern ASF :).  So I
> think the problem is not getting the snaps generated. It is getting
> them published.  Could be other projects have solved this by now.

I believe we have to ask for an account to publish the snapshots. The
account can only be used to publish from the server building the
artifacts. I found a hint at this in this ticket (first comment by Brian
Fox):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2609?focusedCommentId=12856243

"We create machine specific accounts that are able to deploy snapshots
of org.apache.*....so unless you're using a new hudson install, it's
likely that the machine is already configured for you."

Emmanuel Bourg