commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly snapshots
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 14:57:28 GMT
On 8/1/11 2:19 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Once upon a time, in an era of pioneers, we had nightly builds
> producing fresh jars available to heroic developers interested in
> testing the latest features committed to our projects.
>
> As I understand now there is no equivalent process. There is a
> snapshot repository for Maven artifacts, but it's updated manually.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to make automated snapshots
> again, using either Continuum or Hudson? Is anyone already working
> on this, or interested in setting this up?

+1 for making nightlies available again.  I think Continuum actually
produces the artifacts already and all we need to do is find a way
to make them publicly available.  Several years back when the old
set up died, it was because the script that we were using to copy
the artifacts generated on vmbuild.a.o to p.a.o had some security
challenges (read: setup too cheezy for the modern ASF :).  So I
think the problem is not getting the snaps generated. It is getting
them published.  Could be other projects have solved this by now.

Phil