commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Steps towards next release
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:20:00 GMT

On Aug 16, 2011, at 1:16 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Le 15/08/2011 23:02, Ralph Goers a écrit :
>> I don't know.  I think it really needs a refactoring.  We always said that all configurations
should be based on HierarchicalConfiguration but that still hasn't happened.  Attribute splitting
and delimiter parsing have been a pain.

>> I think it would be great to start with clean interfaces and then implement from
that by refactoring or rewriting as necessary.

> I'm a bit dubious about a complete rewrite. In my experience evolutions tend to work
better than revolutions.

I didn't say "complete rewrite".   There is quite a large amount of code that can be reused.

Ralph